Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: New to group

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
      There are some analog monitors in the $30-50 for 7"  -- they are used in automobile video systems.  HDMI seems to require jumping up to video production (add to HD Camera) and over $200.  I'm keeping my eye out for something that's hdmi and sub $100, keeping with the spirit of the Pi. :) -- the attached link contains some discussion on using the Pi for D-STAR.
      Pacificon 2012 Presentation

      On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM, kc2eq <kc2eq@...> wrote:

      Hello Bob, welcome to the group. Presently using my PI on packet. If I can find a good 10-13 inch HDMI , 12V DC monitor I will be going mobile with it.

      John/KC2EQ

    • kc2eq
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
        Tried that. Bought the 7" composite monitor from MCM. Poor results (resolution).
        The PI looks great on HDMI. I settled for a HDMI to VGA converter. 22inch monitor
        (VGA) is ok. The smallest I dare go is 10-12 inch for the sake of resolution.

        John/KC2EQ