New to group

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
      Hello everyone, I just discovered this group and am anxious to review older postings and watch the new ones so I can get up to speed with this wonderful device.
    • kc2eq
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
        Hello Bob, welcome to the group. Presently using my PI on packet. If I can find a good 10-13 inch HDMI , 12V DC monitor I will be going mobile with it.

        John/KC2EQ

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
          There are some analog monitors in the $30-50 for 7"  -- they are used in automobile video systems.  HDMI seems to require jumping up to video production (add to HD Camera) and over $200.  I'm keeping my eye out for something that's hdmi and sub $100, keeping with the spirit of the Pi. :) -- the attached link contains some discussion on using the Pi for D-STAR.
          Pacificon 2012 Presentation

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
            Tried that. Bought the 7" composite monitor from MCM. Poor results (resolution).
            The PI looks great on HDMI. I settled for a HDMI to VGA converter. 22inch monitor
            (VGA) is ok. The smallest I dare go is 10-12 inch for the sake of resolution.

            John/KC2EQ