PI TNC

  • gernon_thomas
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 23, 2014
      Hello Group,

      I am new to the pi and want to set up a packet bullitton board. Can I do this with the pi TNC and can someone send me to where I could get info. Sorry for the spelling I have Autism and can't spell vary well.

      Thank you,
      73,

      VE3ETG
      Thomas

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 23, 2014
          For starters try:

          http://f6bvp.org/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html

          73

          Larry W8LM
          ARRL Life Member
          Vice President W0VFW VFW post 3115 Amateur Radio Club 145.27 Wichita, KS
        • Stephen Farthing
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 23, 2014
            Thomas,

            John is right. Nothing to worry about. We all understand you. It is a well known fact that the English think no one in America can spell, and the Americans think no one in England can either...the reasons being highlighted in this nice article here :-

            Hope you get your project working soon..

            Steve G0XAR - just about to go to the shack and drill an aluminium (not aluminum) box....:-)

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 23, 2014
                    Simon,

                    Bernard, f6bvp, has a SD Card image available that includes the FBB package. Just needs some configs to be changed to suit your situation - callsign, etc.

                    Download the image and write to the card.

                    Ray vk2tv

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 24, 2014
                          Simon dont dispare as you are not alone,as i could not get Bernards
                          version to work correctly either,..... however i do have a working image
                          now of fbb for the pi and would be happy to share it with you as it will
                          just be a matter of swoping over the call signs and I can help you with FBB
                          however i am totally hopeless with linux and have no chance of helping
                          you with configuring the OS currently trying to make a tnc pi work with
                          fbb but not having any success with it at the moment.
                          regards Kerry VK4TUB

                          --

                          Kind Regards
                          Kerry McKenzie
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 24, 2014
                            Thanks, Kerry. When I decided to build the boards, I did not understand quite what a struggle I was in for. I will be in touch.

                            --

                            Kind Regards
                            Kerry McKenzie

                            <*> Your email settings:
                                Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                                (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                                Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          • Simon Thompson
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 24, 2014
                              I would be very grateful for a working image of the software. I am not sure how you may send it to me, though. I could send you a card?

                              --

                              Kind Regards
                              Kerry McKenzie

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                  Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                  Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            • pmooney22
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 26, 2014

                                How about one of the 'cloud' services such as Dropbox? Free for up to 2 GB, but charges above that. Alternatives are Google drive (up to 15 GB free), Spider Oak, (2 GB) & Copy (2 GB)

                                There's also Bittorent Sync (no charge), or what is the storage limit for groups on Yahoo - would this be a suitable item for posting in the 'files' section?

                                Upload & email link to recipent(s) for downloading. probably best to copy it as an .iso file with checksums.

                                HTH

                                Paul, 5B8BA

                                P.S. Dropbox also gives extra (free) storage space to those who recommend others so if you feel like giving me a bit more space PM me & I'll invite you.