RASPBERRY PI 4 PSK31

  • gulfcoastfishing@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 25, 2013
      Is it possible to use Raspberry Pi for PSK 31 I am wanting a small portable unit to run digipan or fldigi for psk 31 for emcomm use. Ideally my thinking would be a Raspberry PI with a small portable monitor and wireless eyboard and mouse. Is this reaonable to do. Sorry I am a newbie to raspberry PI.

      Also which would be a better option for Raspberry Pi computer A or B for my needs above....
    • John Guillory
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 25, 2013
        At this time, I have yet to be able to successfully use it for digital communication.  I have a signalink and ft-857d, when I try to transmit, it chops up really bad so no one can hear it.  Also, the signalink for some reason is only accessible via root, and only on the local terminal.  Not sure why that is either.

        --
        KF5QEO
        John Guillory

        On Dec 25, 2013, at 3:31 PM, "gulfcoastfishing@..." <gulfcoastfishing@...> wrote:

        Is it possible to use Raspberry Pi for PSK 31 I am wanting a small portable unit to run digipan or fldigi for psk 31 for emcomm use. Ideally my thinking would be a Raspberry PI with a small portable monitor and wireless eyboard and mouse. Is this reaonable to do. Sorry I am a newbie to raspberry PI.

        Also which would be a better option for Raspberry Pi computer A or B for my needs above....

      • kt4wo67
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 26, 2013
          I had the same issue with chopped audio that John did...

          Something I did want to try was using an OLD vers. of FLDigi and see
          how that would work. Just haven't got around to it yet.

          If I ever do, I will post how it did.

          BTW....no signallink here -- just a 5$ USB FOB for sound.

          Trip - KT4WO
        • kt4wo67
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014
            I sent that mes. 2 weeks ago..!!!! ...WTHeck???... on dec 26...why is it
            just
            now showing up???

            KT4WO

            "

            2a. Re: RASPBERRY PI 4 PSK31
            Posted by: "kt4wo67"kt4wo67@... kt4wo
            Date: Tue Jan 7, 2014 7:48 am ((PST))

            I had the same issue with chopped audio that John did...

            Something I did want to try was using an OLD vers. of FLDigi and see
            how that would work. Just haven't got around to it yet.

            If I ever do, I will post how it did.

            BTW....no signallink here -- just a 5$ USB FOB for sound.

            Trip - KT4WO
            "
          • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014

              Hello kt4

              I have no idea.. I checked for pending messages yesterday morning released them all and then went back in and it showed No Pending Messages..

              Must be another wonderful,  Yahoo Anomaly..

              73 Jerry N9LYA

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014

                Also  allow me to clarify a bot

                I show no pending messages from you since the 1st of the year.. This message was not one of the messages I approved yesterday… J

                jerry

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014

                  Audio input on the Raspberry Pi has been very problematic.

                  I finally got it to work properly with a recent firmware upgrade, removing pulseaudio, and using the plughw device.

                  The details here might be useful for other applications that use "soundcard" input.

                  http://home.comcast.net/~wb2osz/Version%200.9/Raspberry-Pi-APRS.pdf

                • am_fm_radio
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 8, 2014
                    NSA, FBI and the KGB has been backed up since they started denying involvement.

                    Remember NSA is down 1 employee since Snowden left...

                    Remember they only check to and from, and the date and time, no one takes the time to read them. that would delay them trying to figure out what you are saying....

                    no delay comrad... just missing time.. must be area 51...sunspots, sun's magnetic field flipping...

                    Next time ping the server to see how much time it will take to get there. Set ping timeout to 45 days to get the actual accurate times..