Forgotten Password ???

  • jedscoot
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2013
      I'm new to the group and have a terrible memory, some say it's down to age
      Anyway, I have a habit of forgetting passwords and I thought I'd share this : -

      sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's/pi:[^:]+:/pi:ykibb2GGLUU.o:/g' shadow

      The line above resets the PI password back to Raspberry so I no longer need to worry if I forget a password. In fact, it can be used to reset any password.

      Seasons greetings from GM...
    • pmooney22
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23, 2013

        You will have (hopefully) two accounts, root & user.

        The command  'passwd' can be used to change passwords, e.g. as root type 'passwd usename' to change user account.

        As user 'sudo passwd root'

        HTH

        Paul, 5B8BA

      • Jeff Francis™
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2014
            Or just boot it up in single-user mode, then you can set/change any password you wish.

          --
          -=jeff=-
        • jedscoot
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2014

            Try the above link.

            73,
          • jedscoot
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2014
              If you can look at msg 2400 there's a solution there for lost/forgotten passwords..

              73,s