Re: usb sound?

  • kb9mwr
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10 8:21 PM
      Thanks, that was the first thing I did however.

      All my USB sound cards are CM108 chipset based.

      I just ordered a Griffin iMic, and will see if I get different results when it arrives.

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Melia" <Alan.Melia@...> wrote:

      > A number og the mags covering the raspi (Linux Format) have noted on the
      > poor quality of the audio. I would make sure you have the absolutely latest
      > version of rasbian, because I think it has been updated since the first
      > edition was posted. Possibly after a few "raspberries" on this subject :-))
      >
      > Alan
      > G3NYK

    • Alan Melia
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11 3:07 AM
        OK sorry that idea didn't work. I am sure I have seen a "fix" somewhere. One
        of the mags describes using the raspi as a media centre and I am sure that
        would not accept poor audio.....so it may involve an non-distro download.
        Good luck with it
        Alan
        G3NYK

        > Thanks, that was the first thing I did however.
        >
        > All my USB sound cards are CM108 chipset based.
        >
        > I just ordered a Griffin iMic, and will see if I get different results
        > when it arrives.
        >

        > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Melia"
        > <Alan.Melia@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> A number og the mags covering the raspi (Linux Format) have noted on the
        >> poor quality of the audio. I would make sure you have the absolutely
        >> latest
        >> version of rasbian, because I think it has been updated since the first
        >> edition was posted. Possibly after a few "raspberries" on this subject
        >> :-))
        >>
        >> Alan
        >> G3NYK

      • Beau
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
          hi all,
          Has anyone got a imic or a turtle beach rodie to work?
          what the best way to remove pulseaudio?
          thanks 73 n9mfk