Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] usb sound?

  • Alan Melia
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
      A number og the mags covering the raspi (Linux Format) have noted on the
      poor quality of the audio. I would make sure you have the absolutely latest
      version of rasbian, because I think it has been updated since the first
      edition was posted. Possibly after a few "raspberries" on this subject :-))

      Alan
      G3NYK
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
        Thanks, that was the first thing I did however.

        All my USB sound cards are CM108 chipset based.

        I just ordered a Griffin iMic, and will see if I get different results when it arrives.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
          OK sorry that idea didn't work. I am sure I have seen a "fix" somewhere. One
          of the mags describes using the raspi as a media centre and I am sure that
          would not accept poor audio.....so it may involve an non-distro download.
          Good luck with it
          Alan
          G3NYK

          > Thanks, that was the first thing I did however.
          >
          > All my USB sound cards are CM108 chipset based.
          >
          > I just ordered a Griffin iMic, and will see if I get different results
          > when it arrives.
          >

          > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Melia"
          > <Alan.Melia@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> A number og the mags covering the raspi (Linux Format) have noted on the
          >> poor quality of the audio. I would make sure you have the absolutely
          >> latest
          >> version of rasbian, because I think it has been updated since the first
          >> edition was posted. Possibly after a few "raspberries" on this subject
          >> :-))
          >>
          >> Alan
          >> G3NYK

        • Beau
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
            hi all,
            Has anyone got a imic or a turtle beach rodie to work?
            what the best way to remove pulseaudio?
            thanks 73 n9mfk