Raspi and Etherkit open beacon

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2012
      Got a huge amount of help with this so with that and a lot of head scratching, I got my Etherkit Open Beacon running on WSPR using the Pi
      to enter all the commands and to do the timing via USB.

      http://www.etherkit.com/transmitters/openbeacon.htm

      Quite a low power alternative to being tethered to my main PC.

      Here's a link to the RaspberryPi forum thread where I got the help to
      get this up and running..

      http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=22587

      Regards
      Philip G4JVF
    • c6alk
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
        I am very interested in WSPR via RP. Your first link appears broken to me. Can you check please?

        Thanks
        Brian K7RE

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Philip" <pcteee@...> wrote:

        > Got a huge amount of help with this so with that and a lot of head scratching, I got my Etherkit Open Beacon running on WSPR using the Pi
        > to enter all the commands and to do the timing via USB.
        >
        > http://www.etherkit.com/transmitters/openbeacon.htm
        >
        > Quite a low power alternative to being tethered to my main PC.
        >
        > Here's a link to the RaspberryPi forum thread where I got the help to
        > get this up and running..
        >
        > http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=22587
        >

        > Regards
        > Philip G4JVF

      • siegfried jackstien
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
          http://www.etherkit.com/transmitters/openbeacon-3.html

          try this one

          dg9bfc

          sigi

          > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

        • Alan Melia
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
            Put an "l" in the end of the URL its dot html
            Alan
            G3NYK