usb sound?

  • kb9mwr
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
      I have been playing around with USB soundcards (as I need a line/mic input)

      They are detected, and I can set them as the default audio device, but when I try and make recordings and play them back they sound terrible.

      Does anyone have any experience in this area?

      I have read things about sample/rate conversion problems and tried some of the remedies but am not getting anywhere.
    • Alan Melia
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
        A number og the mags covering the raspi (Linux Format) have noted on the
        poor quality of the audio. I would make sure you have the absolutely latest
        version of rasbian, because I think it has been updated since the first
        edition was posted. Possibly after a few "raspberries" on this subject :-))

        Alan
        G3NYK

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
          Thanks, that was the first thing I did however.

          All my USB sound cards are CM108 chipset based.

          I just ordered a Griffin iMic, and will see if I get different results when it arrives.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
            OK sorry that idea didn't work. I am sure I have seen a "fix" somewhere. One
            of the mags describes using the raspi as a media centre and I am sure that
            would not accept poor audio.....so it may involve an non-distro download.
            Good luck with it
            Alan
            G3NYK

            > Thanks, that was the first thing I did however.
            >
            > All my USB sound cards are CM108 chipset based.
            >
            > I just ordered a Griffin iMic, and will see if I get different results
            > when it arrives.
            >

            > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Melia"
            > <Alan.Melia@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> A number og the mags covering the raspi (Linux Format) have noted on the
            >> poor quality of the audio. I would make sure you have the absolutely
            >> latest
            >> version of rasbian, because I think it has been updated since the first
            >> edition was posted. Possibly after a few "raspberries" on this subject
            >> :-))
            >>
            >> Alan
            >> G3NYK

          • Beau
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
              hi all,
              Has anyone got a imic or a turtle beach rodie to work?
              what the best way to remove pulseaudio?
              thanks 73 n9mfk