How do I remote access the Pi from Windows?

  • Kevin, Natalia, Stacey and Rochelle
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2013

      Hi Guys,

      I have a Raspberry Pi setup with a DVAP for home access to D-Star.

      I do not intend using any controls or screen with the Pi, and want to put it into a box and leave it allow.

      I do however want to be able to remote access it from my Windows 7 PC in the shack.

      I am of the understanding that this can be done, am I correct? And how easy or difficult is it to do?

      I would welcome any information on getting this done.

      Regards

      Kevin, ZL1KFM.

    • Ray Wells

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2013
            Hi Rochelle
               Firstly what O/S is running on your R-PI and how did you install it.

            Secondly what level of access do you require.

            Yes it is possible and fairly simple to setup, depending on your system and requirements.

            Regards
            Brian gw6wtk

            Sent from Samsung Mobile

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2013
              On 11/3/2013 3:10 PM, Kevin, Natalia, Stacey and Rochelle wrote:

              Hi Guys,

              I have a Raspberry Pi setup with a DVAP for home access to D-Star.

              I do not intend using any controls or screen with the Pi, and want to put it into a box and leave it allow.

              I do however want to be able to remote access it from my Windows 7 PC in the shack.

              I am of the understanding that this can be done, am I correct? And how easy or difficult is it to do?

              I would welcome any information on getting this done.

              Regards

              Kevin, ZL1KFM.

              Couple of options here.
              http://www.howtogeek.com/141157/