AW: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Just joined

  • siegfried jackstien
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
      Hi philip

      I am a complete newbie in linux ...

      What I plan is to build a board for raspi and rtl dongle (or fcd)

      That board should contain several switched filters, pream and several
      antenna socket ... selectable via the gpio pins (or via usb?!? So also in
      shack usable without raspi???)

      Now I am collecting parts for a filter board with all bands needed from 50
      megs to 2 gig (range of rtl and old fcd) ... maybe with rf mixer and also
      preamp / and damping ... for shortwave

      The tricky thing is to find the filters for the bands of interest ... or
      homebrew them (that is a bit more difficult)

      First setup will be a filter board ... switchable from rotary knob ... later
      selectable via gpio and/or usb

      ... as far as I know the "parts" (programming blocks) for switching
      something over the gpio pins are ready made ... should not be tooo difficult
      to build my "dream net sdr" :-)

      Dg9bfc

      Sigi

      Ps I will come back to you if I have my raspi and have trouble with the
      setup .... thanks for offering help