Group Activities.

  • Kutche, Jerry (Mitchell) USA
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012

      If anyone has any files or config examples that they wish to share on various RPi setups feel free to fill up the files, links, photos, sections etc...

      73 Jerry N9LYA
    • siegfried jackstien
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
        I have a nice idea for a net sdr (kind of) ...

        Raspberry pi acts as server for raw iq data (so far so good)

        Rtl dongle makes the sampling ... decoding is done via sdr sharp
        Now the tricky idea:

        GPIO pins on the raspberry are used to switch in different filters and added
        preamp + different antenna inputs

        First of all I plan to build a filter and preamp board ...

        That can be used in the shack (filters selected with rotary knob on front of
        a shielded metal case)

        So it can be used without raspberry only with a rtl stick (or a funcube
        dongle) to help rejecting out of band signals

        That board is connected to the front knob with a header that can be
        disconnected and put on a small driver board (safety for the raspi!!!) and
        from there a ribbon cable to the raspi gpio pins

        So ... I have to build a filter bank (with preamp)

        A second board with coax relays (if you wanna use several antennas)

        2 driver boards for the above banks

        And a shielded case for all that stuff

        ... first will be the filters (and the raspberry) and then start to upgrade
        step by step

        Dg9bfc

        Sigi

        Last upgrade would be that switching is done direct from sdr sharp!
        Depending on frequency

      • Philip
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
          Hi Sigi

          Yes, by all means ask away..
          I'm a novice at this to be honest but we can all pool
          resources and ideas...

          Philip G4JVF

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "siegfried jackstien" <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

          > Hi Philip
          >
          > I do not have a raspberry (yet)... but I plan to order one for exactly that
          > (remote sdr on the raspi acting as i/q server) ... may I ask you some
          > questions if I have my raspi and have trouble with the setup ?!?
          >
          > Greetz dg9bfc
          >
          > Sigi

        • siegfried jackstien
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
            Hi philip

            I am a complete newbie in linux ...

            What I plan is to build a board for raspi and rtl dongle (or fcd)

            That board should contain several switched filters, pream and several
            antenna socket ... selectable via the gpio pins (or via usb?!? So also in
            shack usable without raspi???)

            Now I am collecting parts for a filter board with all bands needed from 50
            megs to 2 gig (range of rtl and old fcd) ... maybe with rf mixer and also
            preamp / and damping ... for shortwave

            The tricky thing is to find the filters for the bands of interest ... or
            homebrew them (that is a bit more difficult)

            First setup will be a filter board ... switchable from rotary knob ... later
            selectable via gpio and/or usb

            ... as far as I know the "parts" (programming blocks) for switching
            something over the gpio pins are ready made ... should not be tooo difficult
            to build my "dream net sdr" :-)

            Dg9bfc

            Sigi

            Ps I will come back to you if I have my raspi and have trouble with the
            setup .... thanks for offering help