Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] GUI Programming

  • John Ferrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2013
      I can relate to that.
      Somewhere there must be examples of how to get from a GUI screen across the network to real world devices.
      I would like to send data to serial, usb, wiringPi , etc.
      de John W8CCW

      On 10/3/2013 12:21 PM, k6acj@... wrote:

      I have successfully setup WiFi for each of my 3 Pies using different methods and remote RS232 from an old TNC & radio located upstairs to my station desktop down stairs and can control command line python programs to remote control motors but I am at a cross roads to develop on-screen buttons and sliders for motor control especially since I will access the Pi web server.  I am a bit confused about using Java as I don't know who to find the libraries with buttons and sliders.  Sure would help to know a computer science student, they have access to so many development tools.

      Anyway, the Pi is so flexible, its impossible not to dream up ideas.   Billacj

      --
      John Ferrell W8CCW
      "Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again!"
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2013
        Look into node.js -- http://nodejs.org/   It allows realtime, non-blocking, UI using JavaScript on the server and client.  Spend a few hours exploring examples on the Internet.

        HTML 5 and jQuery will provide sliders, etc.

        https://nodejsmodules.org/tags/device

        Watch for my talk on Web based radio interfaces once Gary has time to edit the DCC conference at http://arvideonews.com/hrn/index.html