Re: Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] *More* Raspberry PI Affordable Heatsinks !!

  • Am Fm
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2013
      What speed were you running the CPU?
      my tests with my heat sinks   CPU 700mhz ... 121.2F peak temp (49.78C)
                                                      CPU 1000mhz . 133.2F peak temp (56.23C)

      Tests were 20 minutes running specified CPU speed 100% CPU utilization. Bare board, no enclosure.

      The only thing I can find on a maximum temperature of the Ras-pi is this statement:
      The turbo mode is automatically enabled when the processor is loaded or busy, and throttled back when the processor's core temperature reaches 85 °C. Most ARM processors have an internal temperature sensor to sense the core temperature. When the temperature  reaches the ceiling limit the processor is run slowly until it is back within the safe zone.

      I'm thinking we're way below that 85 degrees C....
      73's de Larry W8LM

      #1. In a #10 envelope place a Self Addressed Stamped #6-3/4 Envelope and TWO $1 bills ($2 total). Mail it to me:
           Larry Macionski  W8LM
           6811 East 103rd Street South
           Mulvane, Kansas  67110

      #2. Send $4.00 to my PAYPAL (am_fm_radio@...) with your address. I do the rest. PAYPAL gets richer.

      Everyone who all ready bought from me is getting a third heatsink if they have only gotten 2. They will be mailed today with the rest of the orders.

      The heat sinks simply can be super-glued (not supplied) as shown in my pictures.

    • vbifyz

        #1. In a #10 envelope place a Self Addressed Stamped #6-3/4 Envelope and TWO $1 bills ($2 total). Mail it to me:
             Larry Macionski  W8LM

        #2. Send $4.00 to my PAYPAL (am_fm_radio@...) with your address. I do the rest. PAYPAL gets richer.