Affordable Raspberry PI Heat Sinks

  • am_fm_radio
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2013
      I mentioned I have some heat sinks that can be super glued to the CPU and Network chip on the RASBPERRY PI. I have had a number of hams send me SASE's but 4-5 hams requested to use PAYPAL and like I said, PAYPAL charges $0.42 per transaction. Yet someone pulled the trigger and sent me $4.00 for a set of heatsinks, So if this is the way you want it. I will NOW accept PAYPAL for $4.00 a set mailed 1st class postage to an USA address...

      The old way of mailing me only $2 and an SASE also works as I originally posted..

      The reason for the additional $$ is that PAYPAL gets their taste and I supply the stamps, envelopes and spit..

      I wish I could do foreign mailings but at this point I'm not sure what is entailed. If a manifest is necessary etc...

      In case you wondering and have not read my earlier posts. I have a quantity of  small heat sinks that can be super glued to the PI's CPU and Network Chips. I wanted to "share-sell" to my ham  buddies without getting rich or getting into a hastle.

      SO - BOTTOM LINE --

      $4.00 PAYPAL - I send you a pair 1st class mail. Easy to install -You super glue them on. PAYPAL gets its' taste. They get richer. I get to jog to the post office.

      PICTURES ARE POSTED IN THIS GROUP UNDER PHOTO's

      Finally- Super glue- not supplied. Post office considers it toxic to mail. Any ham with a license must have super glue on hand.. It's next to the duct tape..Available at any Dollar Store.

      Larry W8LM
      Old Goat Ranch
      Mulvane KANSAS USA
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2013
        Larry:
          You can use Click N Ship from USPS.com.  Sometime this year they started allowing first class international.  You can also take the envelope to the post office and fill out a CN22 form(customs declaration).

        Dave - WB6DHW
        <http://wb6dhw.com>

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2013
          On 01/10/2013 20:22, Dave wrote:
          Larry:
            You can use Click N Ship from USPS.com.  Sometime this year they started allowing first class international.  You can also take the envelope to the post office and fill out a CN22 form(customs declaration).

          Dave - WB6DHW
          <http://wb6dhw.com>

          Oddly although I live in the UK I have taken a parcel to US post office in Manhattan for posting abroad (This one in fact)

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Post_Office%E2%80%93Lenox_Hill_Station

          and I posted some CPUs to Canada. The staff were very helpfull. I filled out a CN22 and they were happy to accept my Hotel Address as the source address.

          I can't remember the cost...

          Dave

[...]

        • Ron Wright
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2013
            I have started using USPS.com for some shipping.  One can pay and print mailing label and for international.  The customs form is printed with the label.

            Just go to USPS.com and on left select Calculate and follow the instructions.  You can pay with credit card or paypal and print label on your printer and just put in your home mail box. All the rates will be shown and you can select what service you like to use.

            73, ron, n9ee/r

            Ron Wright, N9EE/R
            BSEE
            Micro Computer Concepts
            352-683-4476
            mccrpt@...

            To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2013
              I did look at the USPS.com site. It looks like that CN22 Customs form is a bit much. It bothers me that the Post Office requires in the form,  my phone number... Yet it clearly states "Filling out the form is strictly "VOLUNTARY'"

              Obviously, They need to know where it is shipping to, where it's coming from... and I mean a return address, not my name. Common practice as all are aware. But online, you cannot leave the entry blank to complete the "Voluntary" transaction.. Isn't the real reason for the CN22, to inform the other country of what is going there, not what is leaving here?

              I can even understand listing the contents..  But why my phone number and for the recipient "Email / Phone Number / Fax Number"? The government does not need to know my private phone number (or how many toilets I have). I certainly am not going to transact business over the phone with the government.

              Before you think I am a NUT, let me close by including this Supreme court decision to eliminate rebuttal, since it's been standing since 1894.

              ·          “Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [insert USPS-Customs], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190.  We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524, and it cannot be too often repeated, that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life.  As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others". [The bracketed words added for clarification]

              Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)

              I think we need to get back on topic. I just wanted to provide them to hams inexpensively. I will investigate exporting later.
              Larry W8LM

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2013
                Larry,

                Guy, you are putting stuff in the hands of other people and they have a right to know it is safe. And it is going to someone who wants some idea it is safe to open.   Most all the questions about the items is for iding the items.  Yes they need to know who is sending this and it is safe, that it is not a bomb or chemicals or whatever. When you mail something you are getting others involved with your needs so yes they want to know what they are dealing with.  Yes, they want your name for they do not know if you shipping drugs.

                The customs forms are for both US and the country going to.  In some countries there is duty and taxes so they ask a value.  And giving your email is good for they can tell you they shipped it, and if you want delivered it.

                I use the USPS often.  It is convenient, can print nice label on my printer, pay for the postage on line, get confirmation nr. get receipt printed and stick in my mail box and do not have to take 30 minutes and gas to drive to a post office.

                Not a big deal.  Why are people so up tight these days.  You are not proud of your name???  This is crazy.

                73, ron, n9ee/r

                Ron Wright, N9EE/R
                BSEE
                Micro Computer Concepts
                352-683-4476
                mccrpt@...

                To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2013
                  Larry:
                    Try putting 000-0000 for the phone number.  I do put my number in, but I don't get the numbers for stations I send kits to.

                  Dave - WB6DHW
                  <http://wb6dhw.com>