OpenSUSE?

  • William Liporace - WC2L
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2013

      God Evening,

      I have tried a couple of times to extract the OpenSUSE image to a SD card. I have had no luck I am wondering if anyone has gotten this to work. I am thinking it may be nice to have my station and Pi to be on the same platform….

      TNX Will WC2L

      http://dxc.wc2l.com

    • Alan Melia
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
        Hi Will I hope I am not being silly but you need a compilation for a different cpu type to your x86 desktop.....the Pi is an ARM cpu
        Alan
        G3NYK

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
          Is there really an openSUSE version for the Pi.. Remember the Pi does NOT run Intel x86 code....

          -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B Colchester Digital Group
          Visit my Pi http://n1jmm.no-ip.org
          Helpful Information on Ham Radio & Linux.

          On 9/15/13 8:56 PM, William Liporace - WC2L wrote:

          > God Evening,
          >
          > I have tried a couple of times to extract the OpenSUSE image to a SD card. I have had no luck I am
          > wondering if anyone has gotten this to work. I am thinking it may be nice to have my station and
          > Pi to be on the same platform….
          >
          > TNX Will WC2L
          >
          > http://dxc.wc2l.com

        • koyaanisqatsiuk
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
            heck here for info.
            Slim G4IPZ

            Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 7:18 PM
            Subject: Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] OpenSUSE?

            Is there really an openSUSE version for the Pi.. Remember the Pi does NOT run Intel x86 code....

            -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B Colchester Digital Group
            Visit my Pi http://n1jmm.no-ip.org
            Helpful Information on Ham Radio & Linux.

            On 9/15/13 8:56 PM, William Liporace - WC2L wrote:

            > God Evening,
            >
            > I have tried a
            couple of times to extract the OpenSUSE image to a SD card. I have had no luck I am
            > wondering if anyone has gotten this to work. I am thinking it may be
            nice to have my station and
            > Pi to be on the same
            platform….

            > TNX Will WC2L

            http://dxc.wc2l.com

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-digest@yahoogroups.com
                Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • William Liporace - WC2L
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 21, 2013

              Hi Alan,

              There is a OpenSUSE version for the ARM CPUs. http://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Raspberry_Pi

              I tried to run the process described and I was unable to get it to work. I was going to pick up a different reader to see if that was the issue. My card reader may be the culprit. I have just been too busy at work and with fall outdoor projects on the weekend.

              Will WC2L

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 21, 2013

                  OK, I am doing something wrong… Have to revisit it. Not sure what I am doing wrong :-(

                  Will WC2L