Help Setting up Wheezy with BerryBoot

  • wa0gmh
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2013

      I am trying to edit the cmdline.txt file in the Wheezy distribution that is booted using BerryBoot, with the OS loaded on a USB hard drive.  If I boot Wheezy from an SD card everything works fine.  I can edit the cmdline.txt file and the inittab file and get Xastir to work as an Igate.  But when Wheezy is booted through BerryBoot, I can edit the inittab file, but I don't find a cmdline.txt file in the /boot subdirectory.  I do find a cmdline.txt file in what I think is a subdirectory on the SD card, but it doesn't contain the console=ttyAMA0, 11522 and kgdboc=ttyAMA0, 115200 lines.

      Has anyone used BerryBoot to load the OS to work with the RPi and TNC-Pi?  I'm sure I must be missing something simple.

      Fred WA0GMH

    • wa0gmh
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2013

        I got it working.

        Fred WA0GMH

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, <raspberry_pi_4-ham_radio@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I am trying to edit the cmdline.txt file in the Wheezy distribution that is booted using BerryBoot, with the OS loaded on a USB hard drive.  If I boot Wheezy from an SD card everything works fine.  I can edit the cmdline.txt file and the inittab file and get Xastir to work as an Igate.  But when Wheezy is booted through BerryBoot, I can edit the inittab file, but I don't find a cmdline.txt file in the /boot subdirectory.  I do find a cmdline.txt file in what I think is a subdirectory on the SD card, but it doesn't contain the console=ttyAMA0, 11522 and kgdboc=ttyAMA0, 115200 lines.

        Has anyone used BerryBoot to load the OS to work with the RPi and TNC-Pi?  I'm sure I must be missing something simple.

        Fred WA0GMH

      • Paul M
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2013

           For the benefit of others who may encounter the same problem, how did you get it working?

          Paul

          Disclaimers: I have entered into no agreements regarding mails erroneously sent to this address, and reserve the right to do as I wish with any such emails.