Soundmodem on the Pi

  • Corey
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2013
      I've been doing some reading, and have read mixed results with the RPi, and Soundmodem reading packets.

      Currently have a node up and running using Soundmodem as the TNC, and looking to migrate it from the current machine (An HP DL320 G3) which consumes a lot of power seeing as it only serves up synchronet and soundmodem connnections to the RPi (Due in on Thursday).

      So, does soundmodem work? If so, any tweaks required?
    • ab0tj
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013

        Soundmodem works fine for me in Occidentalis using a USB sound dongle for audio and PTT. Doesn't seem to work quite right in Raspbian, but admittedly I didn't try too hard to find out why.

        73,

        Alex

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, <raspberry_pi_4-ham_radio@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I've been doing some reading, and have read mixed results with the RPi, and Soundmodem reading packets.

        Currently have a node up and running using Soundmodem as the TNC, and looking to migrate it from the current machine (An HP DL320 G3) which consumes a lot of power seeing as it only serves up synchronet and soundmodem connnections to the RPi (Due in on Thursday).

        So, does soundmodem work? If so, any tweaks required?
      • sp2ong

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 14, 2013
            You can try setting the gpio's on the RPI to be set as a serial port...