Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Pseudo TTY

  • JJ
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 27, 2013
      On 13-08-27 10:54 AM, John Wiseman wrote:

      No, the PI doesn't use grub. Kernel parameters are supplied in file /boot/cmdline.txt.

      But that won't help. Most kernels that I've come acress are built with config options

      CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=y

      CONFIG_LEGACY_PTY_COUNT=0

      So the legacy pty supports it there, but disabled by setting count=0. The kernel parmeter PTY.legacy_count overrides this.

      The standard PI kernel is buiit with CONFIG_LEGACY_PTY unset, so the support isn't in the kernel, and setting that parameter won't do anything.

      73, John

    Message 2 of 12 , Aug 27, 2013
      Hi John,
        Yes I did and still tryed on a PI, model B, and I used 2013-07-26-wheezy-raspbian as distro.
      I might to re-install, I tried so many thing I start getting errors HI..

      Cheers. Jean

      --

      Sysop de: VE2PKT (BBS), VE2PKT-3 (X-NET),VE2PKT-4, VE2RAJ (XRouter)
             : VE2RCN-1, VE2RDL-1, VE2RGC-1, VE2RVA-1, (The-Net)

      Internet:
      Telnet xrouter-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 23 (Network Node)
      Telnet fbb-ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 6300 (FBB BBS)
      Telnet ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 9000 (DXCluster)

      E-Mail:
      packet:   ve2pkt@ve2pkt.#qbc.qc.can.noam
      ampr net: ve2pkt@...
      Inet:     ve2pkt@... or ve2pkt@...

    • Bernard, f6bvp
      Message 3 of 12 , Aug 28, 2013
        Hello Jean,

        Are you sure the software you want to use will not accept an Unix97
        pseudo tty ?

        Could you tell us the name of the program you want to use.
        It might help.

        73 de Bernard, f6bvp