Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] New to the group and to the Pi

  • Mathison Ott
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2013
      Use Google!!!

      you shouldn't have to buy a single book...

      Mathison

      On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM, ka2myd <ad2tm@...> wrote:

      Good day;

      I just ordered my Raspberry Pi today.

      I am new to the pi and to Linux. I did mess with Linux a little, very little about fifteen years ago, but have forgotten all that I knew.

      I am thinking about buying some books on the Pi. What are some good ones to get?

      Also what are some goo ham applications for the Pi?
      Has anyone tried to run three on the TNC X boards of one PI?

      I may be a newbe, but I have a lot of questions.
      73
      Tom
      AD2TM

    • Logan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16, 2013
        I just got my Pi two weeks ago and found "The Raspberry Pi User Guide" to be very helpful in getting set up and started. Otherwise, Google is your best friend as there are lots of on line resources. Whenever I found an interesting page, I printed a pdf of the page and set it aside in case I needed it again.

        There is a "Quick Start Guide-v2" on line (google it) and it is also a great resource in telling you how to set up the SD card.

        The SD cards are cheap and easy to set up. Once I got a basic load developed with all of my config options and settings, I made an image and stored it. Now, I can just load that image onto a new card and everything is ready to go for a new project. I have one card dedicated to a JNOS BBS and I am working on another card for my Weather Station.

        Have fun.

        Logan, KZ6O