QRSS Rx software on a pi?

  • Stephen Farthing
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
      Hi Guys,

      Is anyone running QRSS receive software on a Pi? If so what? I have FLDIGI installed but I don't believe is supports QRSS.

      73s Steve G0XAR
    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
        There is a portable Python program by Scott AJ4VD:
        http://www.swharden.com/blog/qrss_vd/
        I was able to run it on RPi with some minimal tweaking (soundcard number in ALSA). You may need to install some extra packages (I don't remember which, it will tell you).

        73, Misha

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Farthing <squirrox@...> wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > Is anyone running QRSS receive software on a Pi? If so what? I have FLDIGI
        > installed but I don't believe is supports QRSS.
        >
        > 73s Steve G0XAR

      • Stephen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
          Hi Misha,

          Thanks....I was lead to believe it wouldn't run....

          Something for me to do at the weekend :-)

          73s Steve
          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "vbifyz" <3ym3ym@...> wrote:

          > There is a portable Python program by Scott AJ4VD:
          > http://www.swharden.com/blog/qrss_vd/
          > I was able to run it on RPi with some minimal tweaking (soundcard number in ALSA). You may need to install some extra packages (I don't remember which, it will tell you).
          >
          > 73, Misha
          >
          > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Farthing <squirrox@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Guys,
          > >
          > > Is anyone running QRSS receive software on a Pi? If so what? I have FLDIGI
          > > installed but I don't believe is supports QRSS.
          > >
          > > 73s Steve G0XAR

        • Jan Andersen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
            That sounds *very* interesting.
            It would make a simple self-contained QRSS grabber feasible.

            Vy 73 de PA9QV/OZ9QV Jan
          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
              Jan,

              As you know that is my dream....I will try it out. Now we need a nice homebrew RX design.....somewhere I have a softrock kit. :-)

              73s Steve