Where we going next?

  • W8LM
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2013
      I was emailed an announcement for yet another "new"- if you like PI, you'll like..MarS... here is the website in broken English..

      http://www.embest-tech.com/cms/news/mars-board-super-arm-diy-platform-available.html

      If you snoop around their website, they have a Beagle board and other interesting things like USB oscilloscopes.

      I take it the MarS is dual core 1Ghz processor. I notice it takes 5V at 4 amps.

      TGIF 73's

      Larry W8LM
    • Kristoff Bonne
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2013
        Hi Larry,

        On 16-08-13 16:16, W8LM wrote:

        I was emailed an announcement for yet another "new"- if you like PI, you'll like..MarS... here is the website in broken English..

        http://www.embest-tech.com/cms/news/mars-board-super-arm-diy-platform-available.html

        (...)

        I take it the MarS is dual core 1Ghz processor. I notice it takes 5V at 4 amps.

        Looks interesting. The processor not only as a dual core but it also has a GPU that support OpenCL (distributed processing). This means you can -in theory- write code that is distributed over the two main CPUs and the core of the GPU.

        The 99 USD pricetap would place them somewhere inbetween the beaglebone and the beagleboard/pandaboard/...

        TGIF 73's
        Larry W8LM

        73
        kristoff - ON1ARF