RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: HSMM-MESH on PI

    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 10, 2013
      Eric,

      I did answer the second question.

      You use a wifi dongle with removable antenna, so you can replace it with the antenna of your choice.

      John

      Message 36 of 36 , Aug 11, 2013

        I would say a rpi has faster cpu clock... I've experanced the the raw throuput of a nanostation m2 and the versitility the radio provides. The rpi is a versutile device. We Ham put the pi to good use.

        The rpi's usb power throughput is only around 700mah.  Supplimental 5VOLT power is needed (USB hub). In the the last raspberry pi I used an ajustible  voltege regulator adjust the voltege to a ~ 5.2v the CPU is sensitive. Dose Any one make a PCB add on thats populated with USB voltege injection? Or sugest a good one.  I'm trying to use 1 5v source 3amps to supply all the power.   ( I can draw a picture if needed)

        My goal is to attatch a wimax Puck usb0 and use the local lan. Failover and conection bonding is posible in the ipconfig, file.

        73 mathison kj6dzb