Perseus SDR receiver on Raspberry Pi USB server

  • Dirk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2013
      Hi,

      Today I tried to connect my Perseus SDR receiver to the Pi.
      I installed the free USB to IP software on the PI and also the client software from www.virtualhere.com on my W7 machine.
      After starting up and connecting to my SDR receiver i found that this
      could work but the bits stream is too high to here decent audio on my W7 machine.
      Is there anyone out here that played around with this and found the same results.

      Regards,

      Dirk
      ON4VRT
    • n0gik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2013
        Dirk,

        I can verify this. Unfortunately, the Pi ethernet is actually a USB
        ethernet on board, IIRC. There just isn't enough 'bandwidth' (bus, proc or
        both) to run wide open SDR like one would want to do, IMO.

        If you narrow up the passband you're asking the Pi to stream, you'll have
        better luck.

        Report back if you have better results.

        Matt
        N0GIK