Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: New Pi user with questions

  • Eric Scott
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2012
      I use both SSH and VNC to access my Raspberry PI.  Works great.  I don't use the GUI much so I mostly SSH in.

      '73

      Eric
      KC7KLZ

      On 2012-10-30, at 11:26 PM, "Brian" <g8osn@...> wrote:

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...> wrote:

      > I finally received one of these charming little computers and was wondering what people are using for video displays; I did briefly hook it up to my analog TV to try it out, but don't want to have to do that every time I want to change something. I know it's possible to use SSH to get in, but I don't want to leave it where someone might knock it off of the desk; I do have it in a case, but I'm still concerned about leaving it sitting on the desk.

      Hi Matthew,

      I use a wireless keyboard and mouse which have a micro tx/rx and a cheap TV. I'm looking for a suitable USB micro wifi beast and then my PI will tuck away behind the TV.

      You could also try using VNC, I've seen reports of others using that to interface to a PI remotely.

      73
      Brian
      G8OSN/W8OSN
      www.g8osn.net

    • iamdadof3
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2012
        I'm using X11VNC on the Pi, and Utlra VNC on the windows box. I also use Mocha VNC on the iPhone and Asus Transforemer tablet. Of course ssh is there for when I need to work via terminal.
        Regards
        Steve