Re: AX.25 TCP/IP w/RPi?

  • Bjorn Pehrson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
      > Hello,
      >
      > Can anyone help me with setting up two RPi's as a point-to-point link
      > using AX.25 TCP/IP? I'd like the base unit to have Internet access
      > with the ability to either forward 44.x traffic (IP-IP Encap) or
      > forward email.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Doug (N1OBU)

      Hi Doug,

      I am working on the same thing and am almost there. I am trying two
      approaches, an USB audio fob plus the soundmodem soft tnc approach and a
      dedicated tnc approach, tnc-x.com. not the RPi optimized version. What
      is your approach?

      Bjorn (sa0bxi)
    • Bjorn Pehrson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
        > Hello,
        >
        > Can anyone help me with setting up two RPi's as a point-to-point link
        > using AX.25 TCP/IP? I'd like the base unit to have Internet access
        > with the ability to either forward 44.x traffic (IP-IP Encap) or
        > forward email.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Doug (N1OBU)

        Hi Doug,

        I am working on the same thing and am almost there. I am trying two
        approaches, an USB audio fob plus the soundmodem soft tnc approach and a
        dedicated tnc approach, tnc-x.com. not the RPi optimized version. What
        is your approach?

        Bjorn (sa0bxi)

        .
      • Douglas
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Bjorn Pehrson <bpehrson@...> wrote:

          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > Can anyone help me with setting up two RPi's as a point-to-point link
          > > using AX.25 TCP/IP? I'd like the base unit to have Internet access
          > > with the ability to either forward 44.x traffic (IP-IP Encap) or
          > > forward email.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Doug (N1OBU)
          >
          > Hi Doug,
          >
          > I am working on the same thing and am almost there. I am trying two
          > approaches, an USB audio fob plus the soundmodem soft tnc approach and a
          > dedicated tnc approach, tnc-x.com. not the RPi optimized version. What
          > is your approach?
          >
          > Bjorn (sa0bxi)

          Hi,

          I am trying the physical TNC approach. I started with a TinyTrak4 and PK-96. But I am having problems with my PK-96 hearing AX.25. I am switching to Alinco DR-235TMKIII's radios with TNC's installed.

          I am trying this distribution:

          http://f6bvp.org/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html

          As well as the generic Soft-float Debian "wheezy" build on the Raspberry Pi website.

          It has been tough approach. Most of my set-backs have been due to the poor performance of my PK-96.

          Doug (N1OBU)
        • Kerry McKenzie
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
            Hi Doug
            I have just got Berards version of fbb working on a pi, I have been on
            this project for many months but that is another story.
            I have telnet configured very quickly and is working well with my
            windows fbb platform and forwarding to it.

            I had done this in windows for over 20 years with 4 radio ports and kiss
            tnc's but never attempted anything other
            than radio and telnet as I couldnt and still dont understand udp or ax25
            in linux and how it works or what it is supposed to do?

            I have little to no understanding of linux and it doesnt klick in my
            head like most of you on this list.
            However it would appear that Bernard has covered everything that I as a
            packet operator will need to give me one
            radio port and one telnet port.
            Still trying to find the com port but that is another story and not
            related to this request.

            It will do many other things that I have no understanding of including
            ax25 the 44 network udp etc.
            We have 44 numbers allocated for over 20 years now but nobody in our
            club has any idea including myself what to do with them as they
            do not work when we tried 10 years back.

            But I have seen files pertaining to 44 stuff in the linux files from the
            image he has made but
            I,m sure you will understand this much better than i ever will
            However this sounds exactly what you are after Doug....best of luck

            Kerry

            --
            Kind Regards
            Kerry McKenzie