AX.25 TCP/IP w/RPi?

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2013
      Hello,

      Can anyone help me with setting up two RPi's as a point-to-point link using AX.25 TCP/IP? I'd like the base unit to have Internet access with the ability to either forward 44.x traffic (IP-IP Encap) or forward email.

      Thanks,
      Doug (N1OBU)
    • Douglas

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
          > Hello,
          >
          > Can anyone help me with setting up two RPi's as a point-to-point link
          > using AX.25 TCP/IP? I'd like the base unit to have Internet access
          > with the ability to either forward 44.x traffic (IP-IP Encap) or
          > forward email.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Doug (N1OBU)

          Hi Doug,

          I am working on the same thing and am almost there. I am trying two
          approaches, an USB audio fob plus the soundmodem soft tnc approach and a
          dedicated tnc approach, tnc-x.com. not the RPi optimized version. What
          is your approach?

          Bjorn (sa0bxi)
        • Bjorn Pehrson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
            > Hello,
            >
            > Can anyone help me with setting up two RPi's as a point-to-point link
            > using AX.25 TCP/IP? I'd like the base unit to have Internet access
            > with the ability to either forward 44.x traffic (IP-IP Encap) or
            > forward email.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Doug (N1OBU)

            Hi Doug,

            I am working on the same thing and am almost there. I am trying two
            approaches, an USB audio fob plus the soundmodem soft tnc approach and a
            dedicated tnc approach, tnc-x.com. not the RPi optimized version. What
            is your approach?

            Bjorn (sa0bxi)

            .
          • Douglas
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Bjorn Pehrson <bpehrson@...> wrote:

              > > Hello,
              > >
              > > Can anyone help me with setting up two RPi's as a point-to-point link
              > > using AX.25 TCP/IP? I'd like the base unit to have Internet access
              > > with the ability to either forward 44.x traffic (IP-IP Encap) or
              > > forward email.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Doug (N1OBU)
              >
              > Hi Doug,
              >
              > I am working on the same thing and am almost there. I am trying two
              > approaches, an USB audio fob plus the soundmodem soft tnc approach and a
              > dedicated tnc approach, tnc-x.com. not the RPi optimized version. What
              > is your approach?
              >
              > Bjorn (sa0bxi)

              Hi,

              I am trying the physical TNC approach. I started with a TinyTrak4 and PK-96. But I am having problems with my PK-96 hearing AX.25. I am switching to Alinco DR-235TMKIII's radios with TNC's installed.

              I am trying this distribution:

              http://f6bvp.org/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html

              As well as the generic Soft-float Debian "wheezy" build on the Raspberry Pi website.

              It has been tough approach. Most of my set-backs have been due to the poor performance of my PK-96.

              Doug (N1OBU)
            • Kerry McKenzie
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 6, 2013
                Hi Doug
                I have just got Berards version of fbb working on a pi, I have been on
                this project for many months but that is another story.
                I have telnet configured very quickly and is working well with my
                windows fbb platform and forwarding to it.

                I had done this in windows for over 20 years with 4 radio ports and kiss
                tnc's but never attempted anything other
                than radio and telnet as I couldnt and still dont understand udp or ax25
                in linux and how it works or what it is supposed to do?

                I have little to no understanding of linux and it doesnt klick in my
                head like most of you on this list.
                However it would appear that Bernard has covered everything that I as a
                packet operator will need to give me one
                radio port and one telnet port.
                Still trying to find the com port but that is another story and not
                related to this request.

                It will do many other things that I have no understanding of including
                ax25 the 44 network udp etc.
                We have 44 numbers allocated for over 20 years now but nobody in our
                club has any idea including myself what to do with them as they
                do not work when we tried 10 years back.

                But I have seen files pertaining to 44 stuff in the linux files from the
                image he has made but
                I,m sure you will understand this much better than i ever will
                However this sounds exactly what you are after Doug....best of luck

                Kerry

                --
                Kind Regards
                Kerry McKenzie