Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Ham program list?

    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2013
      Hi Kristoff

      I like the idea of the voice announcementand I see some replies/ideas how to do it...

      If this was incorporated in the OS images then it could be useful, however if we have to get the Pi
      up and running first to load these packages and set it up then we would already know the IP of the
      Pi and could easily get the MAC... Of course some of this problem could be prevented if they would
      just provide the MAC address on/with the Pi, then we could preset the router to issue a specific
      address we want.

      For me it hasn't been a problem, I just check my router to see what new devices have tried to
      connect, then add that mac to the DHCP Reservation table with the IP I want. Then I update my
      MAC-Host table file so I have the info in the future.

      -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B