Dantracker on a RPI - browser based.

  • pa0esh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
      I have been working on a tracker for the PI, and found the article by Dan Smith , and later on the ax25 / browser based branch by N7NIX.
      Basically it provides a tracker for your car and at the same time you can use your smart phone or applet in the car, to see what's around you (I concentrate on the N7NIX branch)
      For those interested I wrote an howto  on my website
      There is also an installation script  which does the complete installation incl ax25 and hostapd.dnsmasq setup.
      You require RPI, TNC, GPS mouse and a transceiver.
      I am working on a soundmodem version as well.
      Hope it contributes to the projects on hamradio, people are looking for.
      Erik.

    • Basil
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "pa0esh" <fhaschott@...> wrote:

        > I have been working on a tracker for the PI, (I concentrate on the
        > N7NIX branch)
        > For those interested I wrote an howto on my website
        > There is also an installation script which does the complete
        > installation incl ax25 and hostapd.dnsmasq setup.

        > Erik.

        Nice work Erik!
        /Basil N7NIX
      • Harv 66
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2013
          How do you login to get your scrip?

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "pa0esh" <fhaschott@...> wrote:

          > I have been working on a tracker for the PI, and found the article by
          > Dan Smith
          > <http://www.danplanet.com/blog/2011/03/20/a-custom-aprs-tracker-with-a-r\
          > eal-screen/> , and later on the ax25 / browser based branch by N7NIX.
          > Basically it provides a tracker for your car and at the same time you
          > can use your smart phone or applet in the car, to see what's around you
          > (I concentrate on the N7NIX branch)
          > For those interested I wrote an howto
          > <http://www.pa0esh.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&It\
          > emid=106> on my website
          > There is also an installation script
          > <http://www.pa0esh.nl/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=61&view=vie\
          > wdownload&catid=25&cid=140> which does the complete installation incl
          > ax25 and hostapd.dnsmasq setup.
          > You require RPI, TNC, GPS mouse and a transceiver.
          > I am working on a soundmodem version as well.
          > Hope it contributes to the projects on hamradio, people are looking for.
          > Erik.

        • Basil
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Harv 66" <lowrider3121@...> wrote:

            > How do you login to get your scrip?

            Please pull install_dantracker.sh script from this repo:

            https://github.com/n7nix/dantracker

            /Basil n7nix
          • pa0esh
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
              I have improved the install script for the dantracker w.r.t. the access
              point and ax25 part.
              You can either download it here, or pull it from the repository as per
              above message from Basil.
              Check the header of the script -it should read 3rd of July 2013
              73's Erik