Re: AW: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Has anyone used a Raspberry Pi to run Slow Scan Television

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2013
      QSSTV for Linux: http://users.telenet.be/on4qz/

      I believe that the most recent update was in 2012.

      There is another Linux-friendly digital-sstv app but I don't
      recall the name.

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

      David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

      Search with: duckduckgo.com

    • gpolder
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 5 1:05 AM
        You can use the Raspberry Pi for transmitting SSTV without any additional hardware.
        I made a SSTV camera based on PiFM.
        Details can be found here:
        http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-security-Slow-Scan-Television-Camera/

        (currently its an entry in the instructables raspberry pi contest. So when you like this project, please vote for it!)
      • ve7knl
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2014
          Hi everyone.  I've been trying to get pisstv installed on my Pi.  When I enter
          gcc -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c, it comes back

          /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cco9lrR5.o: undefined reference to symbol 'sin@@GLIBC_2.4'

          //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
           collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

          I'm obviously missing something, but I have no idea what.

        • ve7knl
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1, 2014
            Hi all. My last attempt didn't seem to post so I'll try again.  I've been trying to get the sstv from www.instructables to install. I get as far as
            gcc -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c and it comes back

            /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccHqMKef.o: undefined reference to symbol 'sin@@GLIBC_2.4'
            //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

            collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

            What am I missing?

          • Mathison Ott
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 1, 2014
              Interest in this subject I have a RPI with the pi camera. Please post your success so others can try it out.

              73 Mathison Kj6dzb
            • David Hamill
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 2, 2014
                ve7knl wrote:

                > When I enter
                >
                > gcc -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c, it comes back
                >
                > /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cco9lrR5.o: undefined reference to symbol
                > 'sin@@GLIBC_2.4'
                >
                > //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing
                > from command line
                > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
                >
                > I'm obviously missing something, but I have no idea what.

                This is a message from ld, the linker that forms part of the gcc compilation
                chain.
                It's complaining that it can't find the symbol "sin". I assume this is the
                mathematical sine function.

                The usual reason for this sort of error is that you haven't explicitly asked
                for the maths library to be linked in. It may seem odd, but C compilers
                don't usually include the maths library by default, even if the source code
                contains "#include <math.h>"!

                Try adding -lm to the command line options and see if that cures the
                problem:

                gcc -lm -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c

                David
              • ve7knl
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 2, 2014
                  That did it.  Thanks David.
                • ve7knl
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 2, 2014
                    Hi Mathison.  I've been playing around with http://tinyurl.com/oxpfp5c

                    Thanks to David's help, I have captured an image with the picam, transmitted it over 2m and captured it with mmsstv. There's still a ways to go before I'm ready to put it on the air but the test run so far looks good.

                  • Mathison Ott
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 3, 2014
                      Here is another example. http://hsbp.org/rpi-sstv.

                      So what sort of things until its ready for AIR TIME?

                      Whats the real world transmission frame rate?

                      mathison

                      On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 8:22 AM, ve7knl@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Hi Mathison.  I've been playing around with http://tinyurl.com/oxpfp5c

                      Thanks to David's help, I have captured an image with the picam, transmitted it over 2m and captured it with mmsstv. There's still a ways to go before I'm ready to put it on the air but the test run so far looks good.

                    • Clinton

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 5, 2014
                            320x256