AW: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Has anyone used a Raspberry Pi to run Slow Scan Television

  • siegfried jackstien
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 29, 2013
      See if you find an sstv software that could be used on linux (compiled to
      run on raspi) ... add soundcard dongle to the raspi ... and it "should" work

      Dg9bfc

      Sigi

    • Vincent
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 29, 2013
        On 6/29/2013 4:23 PM, siegfried jackstien wrote:
        > See if you find an sstv software that could be used on linux
        Try qsstv
        It also works on windows.

        --

        Vincent Tompkins
        I am NOT n2ohh - my station is.
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 30, 2013
          QSSTV for Linux: http://users.telenet.be/on4qz/

          I believe that the most recent update was in 2012.

          There is another Linux-friendly digital-sstv app but I don't
          recall the name.

          --

          Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

          David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

          Search with: duckduckgo.com

        • gpolder
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 5, 2014
            You can use the Raspberry Pi for transmitting SSTV without any additional hardware.
            I made a SSTV camera based on PiFM.
            Details can be found here:
            http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-security-Slow-Scan-Television-Camera/

            (currently its an entry in the instructables raspberry pi contest. So when you like this project, please vote for it!)
          • ve7knl
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 1, 2014
              Hi everyone.  I've been trying to get pisstv installed on my Pi.  When I enter
              gcc -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c, it comes back

              /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cco9lrR5.o: undefined reference to symbol 'sin@@GLIBC_2.4'

              //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
               collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

              I'm obviously missing something, but I have no idea what.

            • ve7knl
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 1, 2014
                Hi all. My last attempt didn't seem to post so I'll try again.  I've been trying to get the sstv from www.instructables to install. I get as far as
                gcc -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c and it comes back

                /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccHqMKef.o: undefined reference to symbol 'sin@@GLIBC_2.4'
                //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

                collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

                What am I missing?

              • Mathison Ott
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 1, 2014
                  Interest in this subject I have a RPI with the pi camera. Please post your success so others can try it out.

                  73 Mathison Kj6dzb
                • David Hamill
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 2, 2014
                    ve7knl wrote:

                    > When I enter
                    >
                    > gcc -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c, it comes back
                    >
                    > /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cco9lrR5.o: undefined reference to symbol
                    > 'sin@@GLIBC_2.4'
                    >
                    > //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing
                    > from command line
                    > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
                    >
                    > I'm obviously missing something, but I have no idea what.

                    This is a message from ld, the linker that forms part of the gcc compilation
                    chain.
                    It's complaining that it can't find the symbol "sin". I assume this is the
                    mathematical sine function.

                    The usual reason for this sort of error is that you haven't explicitly asked
                    for the maths library to be linked in. It may seem odd, but C compilers
                    don't usually include the maths library by default, even if the source code
                    contains "#include <math.h>"!

                    Try adding -lm to the command line options and see if that cures the
                    problem:

                    gcc -lm -lgd -lmagic -o pisstv pisstv.c

                    David
                  • ve7knl
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 2, 2014
                      That did it.  Thanks David.
                    • ve7knl
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 2, 2014
                        Hi Mathison.  I've been playing around with http://tinyurl.com/oxpfp5c

                        Thanks to David's help, I have captured an image with the picam, transmitted it over 2m and captured it with mmsstv. There's still a ways to go before I'm ready to put it on the air but the test run so far looks good.

                      • Mathison Ott
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 3, 2014
                          Here is another example. http://hsbp.org/rpi-sstv.

                          So what sort of things until its ready for AIR TIME?

                          Whats the real world transmission frame rate?

                          mathison

                          On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 8:22 AM, ve7knl@... [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] <Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          Hi Mathison.  I've been playing around with http://tinyurl.com/oxpfp5c

                          Thanks to David's help, I have captured an image with the picam, transmitted it over 2m and captured it with mmsstv. There's still a ways to go before I'm ready to put it on the air but the test run so far looks good.

                        • Clinton

                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 5, 2014
                                320x256