Has anyone used a Raspberry Pi to run Slow Scan Television

  • Colin Christie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
      Hello, I am new tto this group and also hold the callsign VK2JCC. Just thinking has anyone used the Pi as a backbone for Slow Scan Televsion? I note Tncs have been so iguess it must be possible! Well of to start playing w
      ith this cute little device to see what I can learn. 73's Colin
    • siegfried jackstien
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        See if you find an sstv software that could be used on linux (compiled to
        run on raspi) ... add soundcard dongle to the raspi ... and it "should" work

        Dg9bfc

        Sigi

        > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      • Vincent
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          On 6/29/2013 4:23 PM, siegfried jackstien wrote:
          > See if you find an sstv software that could be used on linux
          Try qsstv
          It also works on windows.

          --

          Vincent Tompkins
          I am NOT n2ohh - my station is.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
            QSSTV for Linux: http://users.telenet.be/on4qz/

            I believe that the most recent update was in 2012.

            There is another Linux-friendly digital-sstv app but I don't
            recall the name.

            --

            Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

            David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

            Search with: duckduckgo.com

          • gpolder
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5
              You can use the Raspberry Pi for transmitting SSTV without any additional hardware.
              I made a SSTV camera based on PiFM.
              Details can be found here:
              http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-security-Slow-Scan-Television-Camera/

              (currently its an entry in the instructables raspberry pi contest. So when you like this project, please vote for it!)