Re: Raspberry Pi as Remote TCP Server for RTL2832U SDR

  • ks4ju
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 14, 2012
      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "ks4ju" <ks4ju@...> wrote:

      > It seems that we all have the urge to mash together a RTL2832U DVBT
      > stick and a Raspberry Pi to come up with a small inexpensive SDR
      > receiver. After experimenting with this for several months, I can tell
      > you due to the limited processing power of the Pi, it is not easy.
      > However, you can use the Pi and the RTL2832U stick to create a TCP based
      > SDR radio that can be used by SDR Sharp on a remote computer. Some of
      > you may find this information useful.
      > Raspberry Pi as Remote TCP Server for RTL2832U <Raspberry Pi as Remote
      > Server for RTL2832u SDR>

      Sorry for the confusion, somehow the link got mangled.......

      Here is the correct link
      http://www.hamradioscience.com/raspberry-pi-as-remote-server-for-rtl2832u-sdr/
    • siegfried jackstien
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2012
        As soon as i got a raspi that is what i plan to do

        Do YOU have this setup working?

        How easy or complicated is it to put that together?

        Could you upload a mirror image of your sd card somewhere?

        I do not have a raspi yet but will order one ort wo in the next week or so
        ... so if you can help me with the setup that would be fine

        i am a linux newbie ... never ever used it before so will need all help that
        i can get

        dg9bfc

        sigi