Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Raspberry Pi as Remote TCP Server for RTL2832U SDR

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 14, 2012
      If you Google search
      "Raspberry Pi as Remote TCP Server for RTL2832U" it points to a couple of pages.

      On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM, The Silver Fox <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

      The link does not seem to be valid.

      73,

      Alan – W6ARH

      It seems that we all have the urge to mash together a RTL2832U DVBT stick and a Raspberry Pi to come up with a small inexpensive SDR receiver. After experimenting with this for several months, I can tell you due to the limited processing power of the Pi, it is not easy. However, you can use the Pi and the RTL2832U stick to create a TCP based SDR radio that can be used by SDR Sharp on a remote computer. Some of you may find this information useful.

    • ks4ju
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2012
        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "ks4ju" <ks4ju@...> wrote:

        > It seems that we all have the urge to mash together a RTL2832U DVBT
        > stick and a Raspberry Pi to come up with a small inexpensive SDR
        > receiver. After experimenting with this for several months, I can tell
        > you due to the limited processing power of the Pi, it is not easy.
        > However, you can use the Pi and the RTL2832U stick to create a TCP based
        > SDR radio that can be used by SDR Sharp on a remote computer. Some of
        > you may find this information useful.
        > Raspberry Pi as Remote TCP Server for RTL2832U <Raspberry Pi as Remote
        > Server for RTL2832u SDR>

        Sorry for the confusion, somehow the link got mangled.......

        Here is the correct link
        http://www.hamradioscience.com/raspberry-pi-as-remote-server-for-rtl2832u-sdr/
      • siegfried jackstien
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2012
          As soon as i got a raspi that is what i plan to do

          Do YOU have this setup working?

          How easy or complicated is it to put that together?

          Could you upload a mirror image of your sd card somewhere?

          I do not have a raspi yet but will order one ort wo in the next week or so
          ... so if you can help me with the setup that would be fine

          i am a linux newbie ... never ever used it before so will need all help that
          i can get

          dg9bfc

          sigi