Iphone personal hotspot settings on raspberry pi help please.

  • dstarradio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2013
      Hello folks, I have searched the forum for this question and because Iphone is
      used as a tag line on a lot of postings all messages come up so this may be a
      re-post.

      I am trying to get my Raspberry to connect to my Iphone 4GS hotspot with no
      luck, I know the hotspot works because I use it on my laptop.

      Here is the interface settings I have so my Raspberry connects to my home wifi
      network and it works fine.

      What changes do I have to make so it works with my iphone.
      I know I have to change the SSID line to match my iphone SSID but unsure if I
      have the security settings correct.

      iface lo inet loopback
      iface eth0 inet static
      address 192.168.1.211
      netmast 255.155.255.0
      network 192.168.1.0
      broadcast 192.168.1.254
      gateway 192.168.1.1

      auto wlan0
      allow-hotplug wlan0
      iface wlan0 inet dhcp
      wpa-ssid homedata
      wpa-ap-scan 1
      wpa-proto WPA
      wpa-pairwise TKIP
      wpa-group TKIP
      wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
      wpa-psk 9ba9971b77dd4816fa176800cef7bc3c0b6eafcaabc99f9c598ff1f65913b3