Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: pi update

  • John Ferrell
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2013
      I will put those on the list to try. I am currently using x11vnc.desktop
      with Ultravnc viewer on the Windows side. It is a little slow and does
      not handle audio at all.

      --
      John Ferrell W8CCW
      "The pessimist complains about the wind;
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
        Hello Kerry,

        Have a look at the following HOW-TO page with a number of explanations
        in order to see if the content could fit your requirements :

        http://f6bvp.org/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html

        If you think it could be helpful, then you will want to download the 2.2
        GB compressed image
        of the 8GB SD card with some AX.25 applications ready to run.

        73 de Bernard, f6bvp
        http://f6bvp.org/
      • f6bvp@free

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
            I can not access the image file? What's up?

            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "f6bvp@..." <f6bvp@...> wrote:

            > Hello Kerry,
            >
            > Have a look at the following HOW-TO page with a number of explanations
            > in order to see if the content could fit your requirements :
            >
            > http://f6bvp.org/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html
            >
            > If you think it could be helpful, then you will want to download the 2.2
            > GB compressed image
            > of the 8GB SD card with some AX.25 applications ready to run.
            >
            > 73 de Bernard, f6bvp
            > http://f6bvp.org/

          • Kerry McKenzie
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
              Bernard Pidoux wrote:

              Hello Kerry,

              Have a look at the following HOW-TO page with a number of explanations
              in order to see if the content could fit your requirements :

              http://f6bvp.org/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html

              If you think it could be helpful, then you will want to download the 2.2
              GB compressed image
              of the 8GB SD card with some AX.25 applications ready to run.

              73 de Bernard, f6bvp
              http://f6bvp.org/

              fantastic Bernard
              thankyou very much i will go check it out now!

              The projects i mentions are the ones that i really want to to get up and running
              so a link to an image is for me a great way to get started,...thanks again
              Kerry

              --
              Kind Regards
              Kerry McKenzie

              PO Box 4492
              Kirwan QLD 4817
              Australia
            • Rod Hart

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
                  Hi Kerry,

                  While f6bvp.org may be off line, just shift to http://f6bvp.free.fr
                  and follow Raspberry Pi links.
                  You will be directed to the image file to download.

                  73 de Bernard f6bvp
                • f6bvp@free
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
                    Hi Rod,

                    The URL for download is :
                    http://www.physio.chups.jussieu.fr/Rpi_F6BVP_8Go_img.tar.bz2.md5.txt
                    for MD5 checksum file and :
                    http://www.physio.chups.jussieu.fr/Rpi_F6BVP_8Go_img.tar.bz2
                    for the 2.2 GB compressed image file.

                    This is my office server and it was down for some (?#*?!?) reasons.
                    I just restarted it.

                    73 de Bernard, f6bvp

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
                      bernard_f6bvp wrote:

                      Hi Kerry,

                      While f6bvp.org may be off line, just shift to http://f6bvp.free.fr
                      and follow Raspberry Pi links.
                      You will be directed to the image file to download.

                      73 de Bernard f6bvp

                      Bernard
                      I just wanted to say thank you as now i have found your web site it will save me many months of trials.
                      I am so happy to be able to get this imformation as it will /has answered many of my questions.
                      The image is coming down now and in the not too distant future I can now see one of my pis replacing
                      my existing winffb bbs and will be a whole lot cheaper to run the pi than my current pc 24/7.

                      A sincere thank you once again, as we would say in Australia If you were close enough   "I,ll shout you a beer!"

                      --
                      Kind Regards
                      Kerry McKenzie

                      PO Box 4492