Raspberry Pi used with CW Keyer

  • bobh_us
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2013
      Show and Tell--
      I use the Raspberry Pi in a not very glamorous role here--as a wifi adapter for the k1el cw keyer.

      http://vimeo.com/68153644

      The audio is a little low on the video to hear the cw.

      The script, winkeydaemon.pl, opens up a UDP socket and routes characters to/from wifi-->USB port to the keyer. It didn't work on the Pi initially. I submitted my changes to the script author. You can google it.
      The phone UDP keyer is a little conceptual and not too practical. I was having some fun. But young people are used to texting and use phones and tablets instead of PCs and laptops. So I thought this approach might engage them more than typing on a laptop keyboard.
      73,
      wm6h