Help Please compile rtl-sdr to Pi

  • john.knott96
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
      I have used this script with Ubuntu successfully but not with Wheezy latest (updated today).

      http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr#Buildingthesoftware

      Got source with

      git clone git://git.osmocom.org/rtl-sdr.git
      OK (after installing Git)

      cd rtl-sdr/ ok
      mkdir build ok
      cd build ok
      cmake ../ Fails cmake command not found
      make
      sudo make install
      sudo ldconfig

      Thanks C my forte, Linux still learning.

      John 2E0KNJ
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
        John,

        It looks like you are missing cmake - try sudo apt-get install cmake

        I also had to install libusb - sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0
        I had to cd .. before running make.

        It all compled and installed - I don't have a dongle to test it with,

        73, John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
          Thanks followed advice has built rtl, fm, sdr, tcp, test, in /build/src will now evaluate at least i have a working reference in ubuntu on HP dual core laptop
          john 2e0KNJ