RE: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] TNC-X-PI and i2c bus...

    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2013
      Eric

      The TNC-PI manual at http://www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi.pdf  has a section entitled Running Applications other than LinBPQ with TNC-Pi in I2C mode.

      Set i2ckiss up to create a  pty pair, and define the com port to your application,

      Or LinBPQ includes an APRS Digi/Igate, and can use the TNC in i2c mode.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2013
        John,

        I did do that. I got the AX.25 part to work. I then killed the process and set up with a symbolic link to com1.  Xastir did not recognize my settings. I guess I must have gotten something wrong.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2013
          Eric,

          Check that Xastir has the right path to com1, and the rights of the symlink and the underlying pty.

          73, John

          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2013
            That could be my issue. I will check that out.

            '73

            Eric
            VE7KLZ / KC7KLZ

            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2013
              Hi,

              I got the link set up, and Xastir worked.  Then I closed it, and it wouldn't work again.  I killed the i2ckiss process and set it up again, still no joy.  I'll have to check it out later when I have more time.

              '73

              Eric Scott
              VE7KLZ / KC7KLZ