ircddb and repeater frozen on Raspi (linux_gmsk-20130323)

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14 10:15 PM
      Hi.

      i am having this issue with my Raspi running the software for ircddb and repeater. i am using linux_gmsk-20130323

      From time to time the system keeps frozen but only this part of software, because i can access to system by VNC or SSH.

      i try to use my Dstar radio to access to network but nothing change on the screen else the GMSK modem is indicating that COS signal is present.

      if i wait for minutes or hours, i dont know how much time, the system relives or if i reboot the system all back to normal. but the issue could be repeted in any moment. if i am near or i have access to my Raspi i can solve the situation rebooting the system, but this is not a solucion.

      is anybody having this issue? perhaps if i update to the last version of software is solved.

      Regards

      EA2AFZ - David.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14 11:04 PM
        this happens with a lot of gmsk boards...

        typical issues:
        #1 - POWER - power the gmsk board from a good source, NOT from the Pi....
        - gmsk board firmware issues, very common problem....
        - USB cable issues, use a good usb cable...
        - bad/defective software installation/configuration.

        -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B

        On 5/15/13 1:15 AM, David wrote:
        > Hi.
        >
        > i am having this issue with my Raspi running the software for ircddb and repeater. i am using linux_gmsk-20130323
        >
        >>From time to time the system keeps frozen but only this part of software, because i can access to system by VNC or SSH.
        >
        > i try to use my Dstar radio to access to network but nothing change on the screen else the GMSK modem is indicating that COS signal is present.
        >
        > if i wait for minutes or hours, i dont know how much time, the system relives or if i reboot the system all back to normal. but the issue could be repeted in any moment. if i am near or i have access to my Raspi i can solve the situation rebooting the system, but this is not a solucion.
        >
        > is anybody having this issue? perhaps if i update to the last version of software is solved.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > EA2AFZ - David.
      • David
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17 4:37 PM
          News.

          I did change from Raspi to a laptop running the same version of software and it last one works perfectly.

          on my Raspi i notice that the ircddb runs OK but the repeater part of software stay TX: on, even when finish transmission on rig. The repeater software mantein its state till anybody push PTT through ircddb gateway, in this moment all back to normal, but you dont know for how much time.

          now i am using the last version of software for both ircddb and repeater and the issue continue.

          maybe if overclock the Raspi? but the load for procesor is less than 40% on TX, and goes to 75% on RX. i dont think that overclock is a solution but ....

          Regards.

          EA2AFZ.