Re: Loading Image on SD Card

  • David Rowell
    Message 1 of 10 , May 11, 2013
      There is a "dd" application for Windows. Install it and follow the
      instructions for finding the drive ID. Then you could install following
      (roughly) the Linux instructions.

      --
      Congres' motto - "Never put off today what you can put off tomorrow"
    • Paul M
      Message 2 of 10 , May 13, 2013

         Another utility (my apologies it it's already been mentioned, but I don't recall having seen it) is 'unetbootin' from  http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ Runs on linux, Mac, Windows.

        Coincidentally I'm just using dd at the moment to 'clone' netbook harddrive  to an external USB drive, in an attempt to recover data from it after using dd to install Raspbian to an SD card.  It would have saved a lot of hassle if I'd gone to bed instead, and typed  dd if=raspbian.img of=/dev/sdb when I got up. Instead of which I typed of=/dev/sda*X( angrySo take care, unless you fancy re-installing Windows AND Arch Linux.

        So take care.

        Disclaimers: I have entered into no agreements regarding mails erroneously sent to this address, and reserve the right to do as I wish with any such emails.