Re: RasPi APRS tracker?

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 26 , May 9, 2013
      At this point it should compile and run on anything that uses Linux. The temperature sensor functionality is the only thing I can think of that might need to be looked at if you want to use it on other devices.

      Thanks,
      Alex

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "qrv@..." <qrv@...> wrote:

      > Any idea if this can be ported to the BeagleBone-Black and other
      > similar Raspi-type devices?
      >
      > > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed
      > > PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate
      > > functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some
      > > features and an example config file complete with comments.
      > >
      > > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under
      > > construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code
      > > can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
      > >
      > > 73! Alex/AB0TJ
      >

      > --
      >
      > Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      >
      > David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA
      >
      > Search with: duckduckgo.com

      > Creative Tech: groups.yahoo.com/group/ham-macguyver
      > Raspi Alternative: groups.yahoo.com/group/beagleboneblack/
      >
      > Restored to design-spec at Heaven's gate 1Cor15:22

    • bob_g3wkw
      Message 2 of 26 , May 14, 2013
        I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
        I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

        Bob
        G3WKW

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

        > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
        >
        > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
        >
        > 73!
        > Alex/AB0TJ

      • Mathison Ott
        Message 3 of 26 , May 15, 2013

          I was given a small mercal from another ham, its http://w9if.net/iweb/perlaprs/

          Currently is only functions to exicute scripts based on the packets being picked up from a specific call-7. Message receved scripting.

          Im looking for a 3v control relays, I have a few 5-15v relays that drive a 120v... But nothing low power, I will try to trip 2 flashing leds, and mabey a 120v relay.

          Mathison

          On May 14, 2013 3:44 PM, "bob_g3wkw" <bob.thornton@...> wrote:

          I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
          I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

          Bob
          G3WKW

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

          > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
          >
          > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
          >
          > 73!
          > Alex/AB0TJ

        • n5snn_1