Re: RasPi APRS tracker?

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 26 , May 9, 2013
      For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.

      It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs

      73!
      Alex/AB0TJ
    • qrv@kd4e.com
      Message 2 of 26 , May 9, 2013
        Any idea if this can be ported to the BeagleBone-Black and other
        similar Raspi-type devices?

        --

        Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

        David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

        Search with: duckduckgo.com

      • Alex
        Message 3 of 26 , May 9, 2013
          At this point it should compile and run on anything that uses Linux. The temperature sensor functionality is the only thing I can think of that might need to be looked at if you want to use it on other devices.

          Thanks,
          Alex

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "qrv@..." <qrv@...> wrote:

          > Any idea if this can be ported to the BeagleBone-Black and other
          > similar Raspi-type devices?
          >
          > > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed
          > > PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate
          > > functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some
          > > features and an example config file complete with comments.
          > >
          > > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under
          > > construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code
          > > can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
          > >
          > > 73! Alex/AB0TJ
          >

          > --
          >
          > Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
          >
          > David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA
          >
          > Search with: duckduckgo.com

          > Creative Tech: groups.yahoo.com/group/ham-macguyver
          > Raspi Alternative: groups.yahoo.com/group/beagleboneblack/
          >
          > Restored to design-spec at Heaven's gate 1Cor15:22

        • bob_g3wkw
          Message 4 of 26 , May 14, 2013
            I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
            I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

            Bob
            G3WKW

            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

            > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
            >
            > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
            >
            > 73!
            > Alex/AB0TJ

          • Mathison Ott
            Message 5 of 26 , May 15, 2013

              I was given a small mercal from another ham, its http://w9if.net/iweb/perlaprs/

              Currently is only functions to exicute scripts based on the packets being picked up from a specific call-7. Message receved scripting.

              Im looking for a 3v control relays, I have a few 5-15v relays that drive a 120v... But nothing low power, I will try to trip 2 flashing leds, and mabey a 120v relay.

              Mathison

              On May 14, 2013 3:44 PM, "bob_g3wkw" <bob.thornton@...> wrote:

              I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
              I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

              Bob
              G3WKW

              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

              > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
              >
              > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
              >
              > 73!
              > Alex/AB0TJ

            • n5snn_1