Re: RasPi APRS tracker?

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 27 , May 9, 2013
      For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.

      It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs

      73!
      Alex/AB0TJ
    • qrv@kd4e.com
      Message 2 of 27 , May 9, 2013
        Any idea if this can be ported to the BeagleBone-Black and other
        similar Raspi-type devices?

        --

        Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

        David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

        Search with: duckduckgo.com

      • Alex
        Message 3 of 27 , May 9, 2013
          At this point it should compile and run on anything that uses Linux. The temperature sensor functionality is the only thing I can think of that might need to be looked at if you want to use it on other devices.

          Thanks,
          Alex

          --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "qrv@..." <qrv@...> wrote:

          > Any idea if this can be ported to the BeagleBone-Black and other
          > similar Raspi-type devices?
          >
          > > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed
          > > PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate
          > > functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some
          > > features and an example config file complete with comments.
          > >
          > > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under
          > > construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code
          > > can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
          > >
          > > 73! Alex/AB0TJ
          >

          > --
          >
          > Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
          >
          > David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA
          >
          > Search with: duckduckgo.com

          > Creative Tech: groups.yahoo.com/group/ham-macguyver
          > Raspi Alternative: groups.yahoo.com/group/beagleboneblack/
          >
          > Restored to design-spec at Heaven's gate 1Cor15:22

        • bob_g3wkw
          Message 4 of 27 , May 14, 2013
            I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
            I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

            Bob
            G3WKW

            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

            > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
            >
            > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
            >
            > 73!
            > Alex/AB0TJ

          • Mathison Ott
            Message 5 of 27 , May 15, 2013

              I was given a small mercal from another ham, its http://w9if.net/iweb/perlaprs/

              Currently is only functions to exicute scripts based on the packets being picked up from a specific call-7. Message receved scripting.

              Im looking for a 3v control relays, I have a few 5-15v relays that drive a 120v... But nothing low power, I will try to trip 2 flashing leds, and mabey a 120v relay.

              Mathison

              On May 14, 2013 3:44 PM, "bob_g3wkw" <bob.thornton@...> wrote:

              I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
              I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

              Bob
              G3WKW

              --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

              > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
              >
              > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
              >
              > 73!
              > Alex/AB0TJ

            • n5snn_1
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 12, 2014

                Hi Alex,

                is there any update on your PiCrumbs ?

                73 de Yono / YD0NXX

                > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed
                > PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate
                > functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some
                > features and an example config file complete with comments.
                >
                > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under
                > construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code
                > can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
                >
                > 73! Alex/AB0TJ

              • ab0tj
                Message 7 of 27 , May 18
                  Yes. I have been putting a lot of work into it over the past few weeks. It now uses GPSd for better GPS compatibility, is compatible with Dire Wolf instead of relying on soundmodem, and has many bug fixes. I'm working on some new features as well, including PSK63 functionality for HF aprs.

                  73,
                  Alex