Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: Another aproach?

  • Jim Sheldon
    Message 1 of 16 , May 6 7:44 AM
      Gertboard has been spoken for!  Got a reply within 2 minutes of my post  - WOW.

      Jim - W0EB

      > John and others,
      > The Gertboard has a whole bunch of I/O that can be configured just
      > about any way you want it.  Somehow I wound up with 2 of these and

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 16 , May 6 11:04 AM
        IMHO the purpose is to fry the Arduino rather than the Pi in the case of a bad mistake. The Arduino is the cheaper item to replace.

        Weirdly this got me thinking about the old school mainframes I used to work on. The folk history says that they only had one processor doing everything. In fact this was far from the truth, many of them had processors to manage I/O for the CPU...

        73s Steve