Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Competition heats up

    Message 1 of 25 , May 3, 2013
      There is a general group for discussing different ARM based boards -- ArmedAmateurs, which may be a better place for advocacy and comparisons.

      This is a Raspberry Pi forum.

      On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Alex <alex@...> wrote:

      Actually, it seems the BeagleBone has slightly lower power consumption despite the higher computing power. Source (one of many): http://www.linux.com/news/embedded-mobile/mobile-linux/715298-45-beaglebone-black-keeps-eyes-on-raspberry-pi

    • Ray Wells
      Message 2 of 25 , May 3, 2013
        On 04/05/13 08:53, John D. Hays wrote:

        There is a general group for discussing different ARM based boards -- ArmedAmateurs, which may be a better place for advocacy and comparisons.

        This is a Raspberry Pi forum.

        ARM_Boards_4_Ham_Radio@yahoogroups.com

        Ray vk2tv

      • siegfried jackstien
        Message 3 of 25 , May 5, 2013
          Cubieboard is in similar range as the raspi ...

          Can be powered from 500ma usbport (if no harddisk drive connected and no
          other power hungry device is added)

          Cubie and raspi are nearly same thing

          A real pc with 300 (or more!) watts of input power draws MUCH more from your
          pocket (more bucks to pay for power company)

          So ... if you search something like a small server (that runs 24h/day) then
          a device like the raspi or cubie is the way to go

          Dg9bfc

          sigi