scp command

  • Donald
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 5:27 PM
      Is it possible to copy jpg files from my raspberry pi to the Window 7 computer that I am SSH into the raspberry? I am looking at scp or winscp. Also can I view jpg files on my raspberry from the command prompt without having to go into the GUI and use the Image Viewer from the GUI. Is it possible to start a image viewer from the command line?
      Thank you
      Don
      VE3HOL
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 1:23 AM
        Don,

        If you use MobaXterm, if provides drag and drop file transfer betweern the pi and a PC, along with an SSH client, X Server, RDP client.

        I know I keep plugging MobaXterm - I have no connection with them - I'm just a very satisfied user. I used to use  putty pscp and a separate X server, but having them integrated makes things much simpler.

        I don't know about image viewing apps, but if you are using MobaXerm you and can start one from the command line the display will appear on the PC

        73, John

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3 6:17 AM

          fbi might do what you are looking for.
          This should work to I stall it for you... there is a standard debian package.

          sudo apt-get install fbi

          I think another was called feh you might want to look at that as well.

          Dave