PI-FBB with Pi-TNC (for VE7ASS)

  • ve1aic
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 8:48 AM
      Hello Jerome,
      Sorry for delay, was away on vacation, but now its warm and sunny on PEI.

      An update to my Pi work. I have the TNC-X running on my javAPRSsrvr Pi and it was quick and easy. A direct 'kiss' tnc replacement.
      I was using USB-serial converter to MFJ1270 in kiss that worked great for about a month but now I have the TNC-X connect it works 100% in a nice neat package running on +5v.

      I also have the TNC-Pi running on another Pi for my FBB project.
      Getting the TNC-Pi going with AX25 wasn't too hard as its fairly well documented to setup ax25-tools, ax25-apps and ax25-node.
      Mostly just some mods to get access to the internal 'serial' port on the Pi and then kissattach to /dev/ttyAMA0 at 19200b.

      However, getting the FBB part going is taking a bit more work. Not a big deal, but the scripts I had working on my SUSE server don't work on the Pi. Just need to simply and do more testing.

      BTW I do mostly RF fwding on our UHF-VHF packet network. Occasional connects by RADIO from local users and interest seems to be coming back. Our packet network has seen a number of additions and upgrades this year so things looking up.
      I have a telnet fwding with VE3CGG (ex-VE1DRG) but prefer to keep the RADIO ports the primary.

      BTW my Pi-IRLP node (2030) is also doing well thanks to VE7LTD.
      Dave's work has really ignited the Pi-Ham radio passion.

      73, Ron VE1AIC