Re: GPIO Pins for PTT?

  • bob_g3wkw
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2013
      http://dl8scu.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/are-you-lucky-no-usb-to-serial-converter-needed/

      Does this help?

      Bob

      G3WKW

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

      > Alex,
      >
      > I haven't heard of a way to do this - The config program metiones GPIO, but
      > it seems this refers to the GPIO pins on some usb sound dongles. I think
      > you'd have to modify the soundmodem source - which would be pretty simple to
      > do.
      >
      > 73,
      > John
      >

      > _____

    • Alex
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2013
        That does help, thank you!

        --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "bob_g3wkw" <bob.thornton@...> wrote:

        > http://dl8scu.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/are-you-lucky-no-usb-to-serial-converter-needed/
        >
        > Does this help?
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > G3WKW
        >
        > --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Alex,
        > >
        > > I haven't heard of a way to do this - The config program metiones GPIO, but
        > > it seems this refers to the GPIO pins on some usb sound dongles. I think
        > > you'd have to modify the soundmodem source - which would be pretty simple to
        > > do.
        > >
        > > 73,
        > > John
        > >

        > > _____

      • JUAN A. GRANADOS
        Message 3 of 11 , May 19, 2013
          This discussion group is for people interested in the state of the art
          of the development of SDR (Software defined Radio) and the commercial,
          open source and experimental options available to licensed radio
          amateurs worldwide.

          Its purpose is educational and informative.

          In this new forum important things can be discussed such as:

          What is DUC and DDC transceivers? Who is making them?

          Does Hermes or Mercury, mean anything to you? What about SDR-IQ or Perseus?

          Do they cost more or less to manufacture? Where are they manufactured?
          Who manufactures them? What is a FPGA? And an ADC? Where are these
          components engineered and/or manufactured?

          What are the differences between Open Source software and Propietary
          software? PowerSDR, SmartSDR, cuSDR, Ham-radio SDR, QTradio and many
          others…? Who is writing them? What is their history?

          What about Gigabit? What is it all about? And all this about sample
          rates and slices? How do these advances impact the cost of the SDR radio?

          Is SDR for everyone?

          And, what’s this about client servers?

          How much more am I purchasing for $9,000.00? If I already have a
          $900.00/ 100W transceiver that operates all bands from 160M to 432MHz
          (70cm)?

          How important are these extreme statistics being published by the ARRL
          and other independent labs?

          Join and start the discussion at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdr-users/join?

          73