Re: RasPi APRS tracker?

  • bob_g3wkw
    Message 1 of 27 , May 2, 2013
      Error loading /etc/aprstoolkit.conf

      looks like you need to include a default config file for editting.

      Bob

      G3WKW

      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

      > To all that said they were interested, the source code can be found here: https://github.com/ab0tj/APRSToolkit
    • bob_g3wkw
      Message 2 of 27 , May 2, 2013
        Well I hacked together a file that worked. Have to try it out on the road now! Using direwolf as the tnc took me a while to discover the need for the -p to enable the pseudo terminal on /tmp/kisstnc

        ; my config file guess
        [station]
        mycall=G3WKW
        [tnc]
        port=/tmp/kisstnc
        baud=1200
        [gps]
        enable=true
        port=/dev/rfcomm0
        baud=9600
        [beacon]
        via=WIDE1-1
        comment=testing from Fleet
        compressed=false
        symbol_table=/
        symbol=-
        static_rate=900
        sb_low_speed=5
        sb_low_rate=1800
        sb_high_speed=60
        sb_high_rate=180
        sb_turn_min=30
        sb_turn_time=15
        sb_turn_slope=255

        Bob
        G3WKW

        Message 3 of 27 , May 2, 2013
          Just for fun, I compiled aprx (http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprx.en) on the Pi last night, it came right up with TNC-PI.

        • Alex
          Message 4 of 27 , May 2, 2013
            Bob,

            Yes, perfect on the config file. Sorry I had not gotten to documentation yet, as I was getting the impression that there wasn't much interest.

            There are also some command line options, -c <configfile> to set a config file path, -v for some info on what's going on, and -z <gps, tnc or sb> for debug info.

            -Alex

            --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "bob_g3wkw" <bob.thornton@...> wrote:

            > Well I hacked together a file that worked. Have to try it out on the road now! Using direwolf as the tnc took me a while to discover the need for the -p to enable the pseudo terminal on /tmp/kisstnc
            <snip>
          • Alex
            Message 5 of 27 , May 9, 2013
              For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.

              It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs

              73!
              Alex/AB0TJ
            • qrv@kd4e.com
              Message 6 of 27 , May 9, 2013
                Any idea if this can be ported to the BeagleBone-Black and other
                similar Raspi-type devices?

                --

                Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

                David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

                Search with: duckduckgo.com

              • Alex
                Message 7 of 27 , May 9, 2013
                  At this point it should compile and run on anything that uses Linux. The temperature sensor functionality is the only thing I can think of that might need to be looked at if you want to use it on other devices.

                  Thanks,
                  Alex

                  --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "qrv@..." <qrv@...> wrote:

                  > Any idea if this can be ported to the BeagleBone-Black and other
                  > similar Raspi-type devices?
                  >
                  > > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed
                  > > PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate
                  > > functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some
                  > > features and an example config file complete with comments.
                  > >
                  > > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under
                  > > construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code
                  > > can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
                  > >
                  > > 73! Alex/AB0TJ
                  >

                  > --
                  >
                  > Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
                  >
                  > David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA
                  >
                  > Search with: duckduckgo.com

                  > Creative Tech: groups.yahoo.com/group/ham-macguyver
                  > Raspi Alternative: groups.yahoo.com/group/beagleboneblack/
                  >
                  > Restored to design-spec at Heaven's gate 1Cor15:22

                • bob_g3wkw
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 14, 2013
                    I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
                    I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

                    Bob
                    G3WKW

                    --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

                    > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
                    >
                    > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
                    >
                    > 73!
                    > Alex/AB0TJ

                  • Mathison Ott
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 15, 2013

                      I was given a small mercal from another ham, its http://w9if.net/iweb/perlaprs/

                      Currently is only functions to exicute scripts based on the packets being picked up from a specific call-7. Message receved scripting.

                      Im looking for a 3v control relays, I have a few 5-15v relays that drive a 120v... But nothing low power, I will try to trip 2 flashing leds, and mabey a 120v relay.

                      Mathison

                      On May 14, 2013 3:44 PM, "bob_g3wkw" <bob.thornton@...> wrote:

                      I believe you are missing out the leading zeros for the longtitude degrees. Perhaps you are over 100 degrees West, I am less than one degree West and need the padding.
                      I have been fighting some hardware issues so have not road tested yet. (Looks like one 7 port hub I have works fine but the second one (4 port) I plan to use mobile does not handle USB audio reliably without the dwc_otg.speed=1 being added to /boot/cmdline.txt.)

                      Bob
                      G3WKW

                      --- In Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <alex@...> wrote:

                      > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some features and an example config file complete with comments.
                      >
                      > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
                      >
                      > 73!
                      > Alex/AB0TJ

                    • n5snn_1
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 12, 2014

                        Hi Alex,

                        is there any update on your PiCrumbs ?

                        73 de Yono / YD0NXX

                        > For those following along at home, APRSToolkit has been renamed
                        > PiCrumbs, as I have decided to leave out the planned IGate
                        > functionality. APRX does a fine job for that. I have also added some
                        > features and an example config file complete with comments.
                        >
                        > It's still not ready for a general release since it's under
                        > construction, but for the adventurous ones out there, the source code
                        > can be found at https://github.com/ab0tj/PiCrumbs
                        >
                        > 73! Alex/AB0TJ

                      • ab0tj
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 18, 2015
                          Yes. I have been putting a lot of work into it over the past few weeks. It now uses GPSd for better GPS compatibility, is compatible with Dire Wolf instead of relying on soundmodem, and has many bug fixes. I'm working on some new features as well, including PSK63 functionality for HF aprs.

                          73,
                          Alex